We use very often APEX IR page with column link to FOEX page. As this FOEX page are used from different different places, the exit button on the FOEX page has a item storing the redirect page value like &P19_RETURN_PAGE. Everything work well, until we actived the cache of FOEX. In this case, the item value is no more processed. Strangely, when we move the button from toolbar region to a form region, the problem disappear. The problem prevent us to use cache system. There is a test case under https://trial.tryfoexnow.com/ords/f?p=181:18 alt text

asked 02 Oct, 03:04

Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric's gravatar image

Frédéric
accept rate: 0%

edited 02 Oct, 03:28

We are not sure why you are using page redirects, when the design of FOEX is to create a single page application style application i.e. we would expect that you would load this form page into the current page, whether in a window or using a hide/show layout.

That said, the reason why this behaviour occurs is that the button information is being cached (including the redirect URL) on the first load when the page has not yet been cached. Caching is to be used for non-dynamically changing values.

The reason why the form items (including page item buttons) do not have this behaviour is because we do not cache the form values when we store the form definition in our cache, otherwise you would always see the same (cached) record loaded.

To avoid this behaviour with toolbar buttons you should always use a dynamic action to control the behaviour since we do not cache dynamic actions. We suggest that you create an action on "FOEX Button - Normal Button Click" and perform the redirect action within a javascript code action e.g.

alt text

We have updated your test case with a working example.

link

answered 02 Oct, 04:54

FOEX-SUPPORT's gravatar image

FOEX-SUPPORT
4.6k15
accept rate: 32%

I thank you for the response. Regarding the design of mixing pages APEX-FOEX, I will try to follow your recommandation. In the case of this test case, you suggest to put the form in an APEX region or does it mean I have to put the IR REPORT and the Form in the same FOEX Viewport ?

(02 Oct, 05:03) Frédéric Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric's gravatar image

We suggest that you either put them on the same page, The IR report as a child of the center pane, or as a regular APEX page and the form within a window region plugin or opened by the window open dynamic action.

If you create a test case we will assist you with the ideal setup you want to use.

(02 Oct, 06:16) FOEX-SUPPORT FOEX-SUPPORT's gravatar image

In page https://trial.tryfoexnow.com/ords/f?p=181:22 I put two contentloader, one for the APEX IR and one for the FORM, using an "Hide/Show Regions". But I have no idea how to trigger an hide show event with correct parameter passing to the form. Such a design would be ideal allowing integrating APEX IR and reusing FOEX Form.

(02 Oct, 08:30) Frédéric Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric's gravatar image

We have setup an example on page 180 (IR report is on this page), which uses page 19. Please investigate the setup and ask questions. Your idea of using 2 content loader regions is not ideal since it makes it much more difficult for cross page communication. You should design your pages in a way that one is the parent and the others are children. This way they can easily access each other.

Note: We will be releasing a hot fix shortly v3.0.1.3328 which will include a fix to make this solution work as we encountered a bug with the design in v3.0.1.

(03 Oct, 05:08) FOEX-SUPPORT FOEX-SUPPORT's gravatar image

Great, thank you very much

(03 Oct, 11:10) Frédéric Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric's gravatar image

You can download the hot fix HFXP-3328.zip from our support portal.

(04 Oct, 02:36) FOEX-SUPPORT FOEX-SUPPORT's gravatar image
showing 5 of 6 show all
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×61
×1

Asked: 02 Oct, 03:04

Seen: 66 times

Last updated: 04 Oct, 02:36

FOEX Links