One other option I'm looking for is a way to prevent a desktop window from closing. Turn off the upper-right 'X'. Is there a way I can do this, based on a page item value?

asked 28 Jul, 13:37

walkerdog's gravatar image

walkerdog
accept rate: 16%

Do you mean a window, which you open based on the query you defined in the desktop plug-in?
Best is you create a short test case in your trial workspace to clearly understand your needs.

(31 Jul, 06:29) FOEX-SUPPORT FOEX-SUPPORT's gravatar image

Nope...the window is a desktop environment window. No query, though there is a couple of grids and content loaders. I just need a way to turn off the 'X' part in a desktop window. I'm thinking there is no way to turn that off based on an item on the page? This is very similar to the tab problem I posted. We are trying to close holes where our clients aren't saving their data before they close the window.

(31 Jul, 09:04) walkerdog walkerdog's gravatar image

You can add the following additional window config when your desktop is based on an existing APEX list e.g.

alt text

Or when your desktop is based on a SQL Query then using the CUSTOM column e.g.

SELECT id
,      pid
,      text
,      url
,      display_seq
,      css_class
,      info
,      '"closable":false'  AS custom
,      widget_id
,      shortcut
,      shortcut_icon
,      quicklaunch
,      width
,      height
,      window_plugin_id
FROM   MY_TABLE_NAME
link

answered 01 Aug, 04:41

FOEX-SUPPORT's gravatar image

FOEX-SUPPORT
4.2k15
accept rate: 32%

edited 01 Aug, 04:42

I'm sorry...I guess I was not clear at all. I wanted to programmatically turn the close off when the window was already open based on an item in the window environment.

(01 Aug, 10:20) walkerdog walkerdog's gravatar image

The ideal solution is to listen to the "beforeclose" event on the window and cancel the event (http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.2.1/classic/Ext.window.Window.html#event-beforeclose) if there are pending pages on your page.

This however is not straight forward and requires that you write some javascript to locate the window widget e.g. Ext.getCmp('WINDOW_ID').on('beforeclose',function() { ... code goes here ... }); and add a listener and use the cross page technique which we described in this post: http://blog.tryfoexnow.com/perform-cross-page-dynamic-actions-foex-application/

(01 Aug, 10:57) FOEX-SUPPORT FOEX-SUPPORT's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×1

Asked: 28 Jul, 13:37

Seen: 209 times

Last updated: 01 Aug, 10:57

FOEX Links

Related questions