Hi,

if a non editable field (e.g. textfield) is shown on a small screen, the field is shrinked as a result of responsive design. Sometimes the text in the field is no longer readable. To stretch the field is not a solution, because the shown length of the field depends on the user screen.

Solution: the text of a non editable field should be horizontal scrollable. We think, that would be a good solution for all deveolpers and users, not only for sellexx. In Oracle Forms that is a usual behavior.

best regards

Eveline

asked 19 Jul, 07:45

Eveline%20Merches's gravatar image

Eveline Merches
accept rate: 4%

Please see the following forum entry on sizing items and setting width boundaries on flexing/responsiveness

http://forum.tryfoexnow.com/osqa/questions/3208/field-container-layout-and-sizing-items

link

answered 19 Jul, 08:45

FOEX-SUPPORT's gravatar image

FOEX-SUPPORT
4.7k15
accept rate: 32%

That is not what I mean. If I have a noneditable field, e.g. with fixed width and the content is not shown in a whole, e.g. only 10 characters of 13, then I want to click in this field and scroll with the cursor-keys to the right to read the last 3 characters. This is possible when the field is editable, but not, when it is noneditable. Our Customers are familiar with scrolling in fields with the cursor-keys if they have long entries, which couldn't be shown in a whole.

(20 Jul, 06:24) Eveline Merches Eveline%20Merches's gravatar image

Is there any update on this?

Eveline

(30 Aug, 09:10) Eveline Merches Eveline%20Merches's gravatar image

Can you try adding the following item plugin additional config:

"fieldStyle":"overflow:auto;"

(30 Aug, 10:53) FOEX-SUPPORT FOEX-SUPPORT's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×8
×7

Asked: 19 Jul, 07:45

Seen: 206 times

Last updated: 30 Aug, 10:53

FOEX Links