Hello,

I recently upgraded to Foex 2.2 (Apex 4.2.5 Oracle EPG) and the FOEX applications are in "Loading page layout..." stage and do not progress further. In debug mode, I get a 404 Not Found error on all foex files. Example: <title>404 Not found</title></head><body>

Not found

The requested URL /i/foex/js/foex.min.js was not found on this server</body></html> All foex files (in css, docs, ext, icons, images, js, lib) were copied over to the server under /i/foex. I also ran the script apxldimg.sql to load the images.

What am i missing? Thank you!

asked 31 Jan, 17:47

mmad's gravatar image

mmad
accept rate: 0%

This would usually indicate that the files have not been copied correctly.

If you are using the EPG (which we do not recommend, we suggest you use Tomcat/ORDS) then please make sure you follow this article to troubleshoot: http://daust.blogspot.fi/2008/04/troubleshooting-404-not-found-error-on.html

link

answered 01 Feb, 03:06

FOEX-SUPPORT's gravatar image

FOEX-SUPPORT
4.2k15
accept rate: 32%

Could you please elaborate on why EPG is not recommended? I need to provide this information to my DBA/Unix Admin. Thanks!

link

answered 01 Feb, 17:07

mmad's gravatar image

mmad
accept rate: 0%

Performance and scalability are the main reasons since every HTTP request e.g. image, file must be handled by the database. It is also more difficult to change settings and troubleshoot issues than a regular web server.

The ideal (free) setup we recommend is Apache reverse proxy in front of Tomcat using ORDS v3.x.

(02 Feb, 03:23) FOEX-SUPPORT FOEX-SUPPORT's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×17
×2
×2

Asked: 31 Jan, 17:47

Seen: 207 times

Last updated: 02 Feb, 03:23

FOEX Links